What we believe
The philosophy of Avondale Primary School is based on the belief that every child is entitled to feel safe, happy and a valued member of our learning community.
We believe that student learning is maximised when they are actively engaged and are in a stimulating learning environment that caters for individual learning needs.
Avondale supports its students so that they may become life long learners with strong self esteem, have respect for others and become responsible community members.
The Avondale School Community aspires for students:
- to have an enthusiasm for learning
- to develop a broad and strong base of knowledge and skills
- to think and act with competence, objectivity and creativity
- to show respect and sensitivity to others
- to show a capacity to lead, to share and to co-operate with others
- to accept responsibility and discipline
- to find reward in participating, and doing your best.
We believe our school values are at the core of the student learning journey at Avondale Primary School. Our parents, teachers and students operate within the context of genuine relationships built on the values we all hold.
These values provide the support we all require to function within our school community. We hold the following values as most important:
- Caring for others